Welcome crafty friends,
Find digi stamps at cherishull.com
Any design team questions please send to karleighsuedigis@hotmail.com
For challenge blog sponsorship requests please contact kssponsors@gmail.com
For info or pricing on a custom character commission in your own likeness please email Cheri at karleighsuedigis@hotmail.com

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Jamesa- quick and easy card with Tutorial for Beginners

Hey there! Rachel with you today, I'd like to share my new card with you! 
I know, I'm a day earlier than I usually pop up, but I got my video recorded this morning, and wanted to just rip the bandaid off and get it out there. I HATE the sound of my own voice, and am usually a scatty crafter, so getting this ready to go caused some... issues LOL
originally I was just going to put the card front together, and leave you to work out the rest if you wanted to have a go, but then the crafting OCD kicked in, and I had to finish it (plus, adding extra bits I hadn't planned for, at the start) 
so please bear with me- other than the flick throughs for cheri's colouring books, this is the first time I've EVER tried to do anything like this. if you like it please give it a like over in youtube, leave me a comment and let me know what you'd like to see and subscribe... or I'm NEVER doing it again :P

The image I've used for the card shown today is this one - Jamesa from the custom images folder in Cheri's shop.

Before the tutorial, I coloured the image ( sized at 4 1/4 " tall) using copics and wink of stella clear marker on the leggings, and cut to size- just to save some time because my computer does not like to process anything too large- I'm uploading as I type this post, and my laptop sounds like it's trying to enter low earth orbit :-/

First off here is the sketch I used to create this card- Card sketches are a great resource when you are just beginning, or when your crafting mojo goes walkabout. you can find this one and others on my pinterest board to save for later! the best thing is you can follow them as much or as little as you want, and TOTALLY put your own twist on the sketch!





So now, I will show you the finished card that I assembled on camera- yet again for speed reasons I pre cut everything before filming, and I will leave the measurements both here and in the description of the video on you tube so you don't keep having to press pause! (after all, who wants to listen to my brit chick voice for longer than they have to, right?)






cardstock measurements 

4 pieces of black cardstock (or any other colour you fancy, to match up with your papers and coloured image)

one at 5 1/2 " x 4 1/4"
one at 5 1/4 x 2 3/4 "
one at 5" x 2 3/8"
and the one for your image mat is 4 5/8" x 2 7/8"


one piece of white cardstock with your coloured image on at 4 1/2" x 2 3/4"

then three pieces of decorative paper 

base layer 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
first layer 2 3/4" x 5 1/4"
second layer 2 1/4" x 4 7/8"


I've also used a strip of washi tape and some self adhesive gems from Queen and Company , but you can use ribbon and any embellishments you like- or leave them off completely. same with the sentiment- if you don't own any sentiment stamps, you can either add it to your image layer before printing with fonts in your computer, or a digital sentiment file, or leave that off completely too.

The card blank I made up is 5 1/2 " x 4 1/4" and this size is widely available in most US Stores (A2 card blank) but you can make your own using a 12" piece of cardstock, a paper trimmer and a score board if you have those items. over here in the UK our small rectangular cards are a different size, so I tend to make those more often!

Rachel 
x

1 comment:

Post a Comment